Downloadable version HERE
Newton Poppleford Village Hall
Newton Poppleford Village Hall is a lovely historic building in a central village location, and a perfect venue for private and commercial needs, clubs, classes and parties.
The main hall seats up to 80 people and benefits from having a raised stage, wooden dance floor and further seating for 15 people on an upstairs balcony. A smaller conference room which seats up to 10 people is also available. Tables and comfortable seating can be arranged as you require.
Some car parking is situated next to village hall, with further car parking close by in School Lane Car Park.
Regular bookings for clubs, classes etc which are open to all residents:
£10 per hour
£15 per hour
Parties and one-off events there is a minimum charge of £45
Payment to be made in advance
For all booking enquiries please contact Janey Drake on 01395 568571
The Parish Magazine also advertises regular monthly events (e.g. History Club) and one-off events (e.g. coffee mornings, Bingo, quizzes, talks, theatre productions, etc.)
The Village Hall was acquired by the village in 1909, and an extension was gifted to the Parish by local benefactor Willoughby Statham Smith in about 1930. It had originally been built as a Wesleyan Chapel in about 1815. Note that the hall is a separate charity, not owned by the Parish Council.
A copy of a document from 1960 can be downloaded here, which records the names of the first Village Hall Committee, hiring rates etc.